Motor grab – type MHG (port handling)
Handling timber, stacked wood, etc., for downstream industries, in sea and inland ports or at storage facilities. For ship-to-ship, ship-to-storage/wagon/lorry handling. For various types of crane with control systems designed for hydraulic grab systems.
- Designed to grip stacked wood, with two interlocking shells to grip one or several logs
- Optimisation of crane load capacity thanks to its lightweight design which can grip maximum amounts
- Slim shell design for optimal penetration
- Wear-resistant cutting edges
- The hydraulic system’s dimensions, short open and close times and high closing pressure guarantee the quick grab and secure hold of the logs
- Protected and easily accessible inbuilt electro-hydraulic propulsion motor
- Closing and opening movements are controlled through clockwise or counter clockwise rotation of the electric motor (turn control). The electric motor is only switched on whilst the closing and opening movement is being performed.
- Closing and opening movements controlled by directly connected hydraulic cylinders, with optional piston rod protection
- Optional design with slewing drive to precisely pick up and place logs
Motor grab – type MHG
[ PDF document ]